Tuesday, December 12, 2017

HUNDRED IN ONE

by. Castro, Princess

I was this girl who has a lot of dreams, I want to be like this and I want to be like that. That’s not a problem back then because I have a lot of choices, however when I need to decide what path I will take in college, I started questioning myself what I really want to be. This is when she saved me, she gave light to the direction I want to take. I am not going to tell my story but I will tell you the reason why I am here.
  


Back when I was in elementary, teachers will always ask us, for me a mind-blowing question, what we want to be when we grow up. Most of my classmates will answer they want to be a teacher but at the back of my mind, I always tell myself what’s with being a teacher? Why most of them wants to be a teacher? Those questions keep on haunting me until I found the answer when I was in high school. There was this teacher, a friend, and a mother, all in one. I can still remember how she taught us, not only the knowledge we need to learn in a specific subject, but also the skills and values that we need to acquire. In our time, classroom is teacher-dominated, we are just sitting there and listening to what she is saying. She uses traditional way of teaching in discussion, since she’s teaching Technology and Livelihood Education, she also uses performance-based. I don’t really like the subject TLE but because of her I enjoy this subject. I got inspired by her not just on how she teach also on how she interacts with her students. She’s this teacher that you will always remember, the teacher that will make you fall in love with what you are doing. Hundred beautiful characters in one person.



 I’m thankful that I had this chance to talk to her again and as the cliché saying says, there is no permanent thing in this world except change. A lot of things have changed, first of all is the curriculum, from BEC to K-12 Curriculum and because of that, her ways of teaching also changed. She motivates her students through exploration, students may watch videos and manipulate things and explore the topic on their own. She follows the guidelines given by the DepEd and plans her daiy lesson based on the learning competencies aligned with the TESDA. Moreover, she uses various teaching approaches and strategies such as brainstorming, think-pair-share, 2QAD, and demonstration. Unlike when we were in high school, they are doing reporting. She’s the one who is designing her own worksheets based on the learning abilities of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a student who believes that your teacher inspires you the most to become who you are today. And you want to thank your teacher b...