Wednesday, December 13, 2017

MASTERPIECE

by Giselle Madrilejo



     K-12 Curriculum has been implemented for about six (6) years. Looking at our educational system, the said implementation was made in attempt to produce a positive change. This brought several changes on the teaching and learning process. The question is; are we already prepared in facing this new program?
Let us see the insights of my former teacher regarding how she implements this new curriculum. As she mentioned, it is really a challenge to everyone to meet the new standards provided in the program. The teachers and students have no backgrounds with the K-12 program and it is difficult to adjust with abrupt changes. She further stated that our government is not yet ready to implement this kind of program in terms of facilities and equipment. Despite of this, she is still hoping to a successful result to students and to our country. According to her, following DepEd Memorandums and requirements is one of the most effective ways in implementing this curriculum.
Educators used different approaches in teaching; it is not just intended to develop the cognitive skills of the students but rather to touch their lives. She cited several methods in order to make her career a meaningful one. These include the following: small group discussion, team project, buddy system, and collaborative learning. These are all under the student-centered approach. It is not really new to her since she already used these in her past years of teaching. I’ve already witnessed on how she delivers the lesson, manage the classroom and be a role model in every class that she handled.
My former teachers are the reason why I am in this field of teaching. They keep on pushing me away from this profession but I insist. They keep on commenting how difficult to be a teacher but I continue to take this path. These are all because I see how dedicated they are not just to teach but to give motivation, encouragement, love and care to those who are in needs. My teachers do not only teach me to write, read and count but they serve as my second family. As much as I wanted to mention all those teachers who teach, mold, motivate, encourage and loved me but this requirement is limited to only one educator. Let me share my message to one of my inspirations why I am aiming to be a future teacher.
“For them, you are ordinary but for me you’re definitely an extraordinary. Experiences with you are worth remembering. A picture of devoted teacher can be seen unto you from the way you walk up to how you communicate. Your smiles say how much you love what you are doing. In spite of these, no one knows how much you suffered from a serious illness but you still manage to go on just like nothing’s happened. You are my mathematics teacher but it doesn’t end there, you are my great adviser in everything and a friend whenever I need.
 Can you still recall our first interface? Can you still remember the various competitions we’ve joined? How about the seminars we’ve attended? Or the camping and field trips that we participated? Who will forgot the issues of our section? Have you enjoyed our present during your birthday celebration? There are lots of memories we’ve shared which I always bring wherever I am. It may be a success or a failure, laughter or tears. I can still see you teaching and training me for quiz bees’, I can still remember your strategies inside the classroom, I can still figure out how your laugh brings joy to us, and I can still feel how you love and care for your students.
You never failed to inspire and motivate your students. You may not know how much I valued and admired you for being a great person but I know I’m not the only one. There are living proofs on how you turned their lives into different perspectives. Continue molding and creating students to be the best that they can be --- your MASTERPIECE in education.”
This message shows how a teacher implements the curriculum; it is not just about how the students’ learned the subject but how a teacher builds the relationship with the students. Whatever changes occur, remember that educators are always an implementer of the curriculum. They have the power to change and encourage everyone to be a better learner.

The teacher behind the MASTERPIECE is my former 2nd year adviser and mathematics trainer. My teacher, my mom, and my friend, Ma’am LOIDA G. BORJA.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a student who believes that your teacher inspires you the most to become who you are today. And you want to thank your teacher b...