Tuesday, December 12, 2017

THE GREAT INFLUENCER

by . Jainiel H. Ariaga

      Life is fair but not perfect, there are times that you wont get what you want but instead the total opposite of it. 

      Atty. Jainiel H. Ariaga, a defender and one of the most famous lawyer in the country, yes that was my ultimate dream ever since I was in elementary until now. But don’t get me wrong guys I’m not law student (huhuhu *insert crying face) well I’m not still giving up that dream. Maybe some of you are wondering now what is my course (as if you really wonder hahaha). Well I will give you a clue, ahmm this course requires you to be perfect (as what they always say pfffft), you will sereve as a role model (in the runway hahahah), you need to have a good manners as if you can’t even break a glass, and proper conduct as if you never get into any trouble. So do you have any guess now? Well congratulations you won 1 million pesos whooo whooo (insert extravagant expression) yes I am an education student, seems perfect to me right (insert sarcasm) hahaha. Well just like what I stated above, life is not perfect it will always give what you want but instead what you need and maybe that is the the reason why I met my favorite science teacher. 

      So here how the story goes (sorry for the long intro), everything changed when I met this teacher, the first time we met I never though that she would be our new science teacher, and as soon as I found out that she will be our new science teacher was a bit terrified, well not because she’s scary but because I’m afraid that we cannot be a good friend somehow. Days passed and were are just on a smooth sailing, not until she scolded me and two of my other classmates just because we’re noisy (but seriosly I’m not one of them. Please trust me hahaha), she even called as “bruha” and since then I promised to mysellf that I will not be her friend anymore. But just like what old people say nothing is sure unless it happened already, maybe you were wondering why did I include that, well it’s mainly because I just swallowed my own words, who have thought that the person I thought would be my enemy suddenly turns to be be your sister, savior and most of all your bestfriend. I can say that I’m one of the luckiest and blessed person because I was able to meet her and be my mentor. During my high school years with her as my teacher I learned lot of things. She even intorduce to me the world of competitions and quiz bees. 

      When she was still my teacher, what she usually do in our class is that she always surprise us (but not the surprise thing you think -__-) she surprise us with so much activities, like experimentations, role playing and such. What I enjoyed the most during my high school years is that she boost our creativeness by giving us projects that would really left something new to us. I must say that high school indeed is one of the happiest part of someones life. 

      Almost three years have passed, and now I’m already half way of fulfilling my dreams, not to be a teacher directly but to give my family a better life (huhuhu so touching) but aside from my parents one reason of that is my teacher. Well my favorite teacher was still at the same school where we first met. She was still teaching there but not in junior high school, she was recently promoted to be a senior high schol teacher. And when we met I got the chance to spoke to her and of course ask her how she was doing. And according to her the atmosphere in teaching jhs way far different compared in teaching shs students. She is actually handling STEM student where in the level of complexity of subjects and sophistication of teaching were much profound. But even though there are lots of ajustment and changes she went through, she was still able to intigrate the techniques and way of teaching she did while she was still in jhs. She still practicing the student-centered approach, she even give her students activities that boos not only their creatuvuty but also their reasoning and thinking skills. But there are still a time that she needs to do the discussion most especially when there is a new concept or topic that need to be uncover or discussed. And at middle of the discussion she never forget to include her students by giving the activities and or experimentations. 


      After 2 years of being an education student it is only now that I have fully understand the essence of being a teacher. And it is really true that as a teacher we can be a great influencer, we can be the reason of our students choices and future. And just like what happened to me most of myy decisions in life was beacuse of my teacher, because of her influence I’m here following her footsteps. Though it is still my dream to be a lawyer i may say that despite of many works that we need to do and accomplish ahead of time I’m still enjoying this track. I may not be as effective like her, but I know that I can be good teacher in my own ways. Just like what they say, do not copy someones’ work just to impress others, build your own piece of artwork, because an original is worth more than a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a student who believes that your teacher inspires you the most to become who you are today. And you want to thank your teacher b...